An IDP enrichment resource, the Emerging Professional's Companion (EPC), provides free web-based experience opportunities outside of the studio or work environment. Aspiring architects, whether or not employed, can earn up to 40 hours in each experience area by completing EPC activities identified for core credit.
- The EPC chapters are aligned with the IDP experience areas.
- Each chapter includes activities that are identified as qualifying for either core or elective credit.
- Each activity is worth eight hours.
- Only activities identified as qualifying for core credit can be applied to your required hours.
- Aspiring architects can earn a maximum of 600 hours through EPC with no more than 40 hours earned in any one of the IDP experience areas.
- If an aspiring architect has already completed the maximum allowable of 40 hours in a given experience area through any combination of supplemental experience, then EPC activities completed in that experience area will be applied to any additional experience requirements for your jurisdiction or for the purposes of reciprocity.
It is required that aspiring architects retain copies of all documentation related to EPC activities completed for IDP credit for a period of at least three years beyond the date the experience is approved by their mentor or IDP supervisor.
- If you are not an AIAS or AIA associate member, you may obtain a temporary AIA customer number by completing the form at aia.org.
- Associate members of the AIA may use their associate number to report continuing education.
- EPC activities must be reviewed and approved by your IDP supervisor or mentor.
- Experience must be submitted in compliance with the reporting requirement.
- Your IDP supervisor or mentor must certify and approve each activity through the online reporting system.