An IDP enrichment resource, the Emerging Professional's Companion (EPC), provides free web-based experience opportunities outside of the studio or work environment. Aspiring architects, whether or not employed, can earn additional hours through completion of activities in the EPC.
- The EPC chapters are aligned with the IDP experience areas.
- Each chapter includes activities that are identified as qualifying for either core or elective credit.
- Each activity is worth eight hours.
- Additional activities are not applied to any specific experience area.
It is required that aspiring architects retain copies of all documentation related to EPC activities completed for IDP credit for a period of at least three years beyond the date the experience is approved by their mentor or IDP supervisor.
- If you are not an AIAS or AIA associate member, you may obtain a temporary AIA customer number by completing the form at aia.org.
- Associate members of the AIA may use their associate number to report continuing education.
- EPC activities must be reviewed and approved by your IDP supervisor or mentor.
- Experience must be submitted in compliance with the reporting requirement.
- Your IDP supervisor or mentor must certify and approve each activity through the online reporting system.