Important Notice: On June 29, 2016, the Emerging Professional's Companion will be discontinued and will no longer be eligible for IDP or additional jurisdictional experience. Learn more about the overhaul of IDP.
An IDP enrichment resource, the Emerging Professional's Companion (EPC), provides free web-based experience opportunities outside of the studio or work environment. Aspiring architects, whether or not employed, can earn additional hours through completion of activities in the EPC.
- The EPC chapters are aligned with the IDP experience areas.
- Each chapter includes activities that are identified as qualifying for either core or elective credit.
- Each activity is worth eight hours.
- Additional activities are not applied to any specific experience area.
It is required that aspiring architects retain copies of all documentation related to EPC activities completed for IDP credit for a period of at least three years beyond the date the experience is approved by their mentor or IDP supervisor.
- If you are not an AIAS or AIA associate member, you may obtain a temporary AIA customer number by completing the form at aia.org.
- Associate members of the AIA may use their associate number to report continuing education.
- EPC activities must be reviewed and approved by your IDP supervisor or mentor.
- Experience must be submitted in compliance with the reporting requirement.
- Your IDP supervisor or mentor must certify and approve each activity through the online reporting system.