Date: Tuesday, 29 May 2012
Time: 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Register here (Registration is full, but walk-ins are welcome on a first-come, first-served basis.)
The Center for Architecture
536 LaGuardia Place
New York, NY 10012
Attendees will have the opportunity to discuss a variety of licensure-related topics with representatives from NCARB and the NYS Board for Architecture.
Topics will include:
- Recent changes to the Intern Development Program (IDP)
- The IDP process
- The Architect Registration Examination (ARE)
Panelists will include:
- Robert Lopez, RA Executive Secretary NYS Boards for Architecture and Landscape Architecture
- Martin Smith, AIA, NCARB, Manager, IDP
- Jared Zurn, AIA, NCARB, Assistant Director, ARE
We will be discussing the experiences of emerging professionals at different places in their careers: post-graduation, close to completion of IDP, taking the exam, and post-licensure and mentoring. The young practitioners have followed different paths to licensure such as working in architecture firms versus pursuing alternate career paths, and attending accredited and non-accredited degree programs.
Sponsor: AIANY Emerging New York Architects