Join us at the 2014 AIA Convention in Chicago where you can pick up a free t-shirt, enter for a chance to win amazing prizes, and learn how our latest initiatives will benefit you. Whether you’ve been practicing architecture for years or you’re searching for your first internship, we’ve got something for everyone. And for the first time ever, we’ll be giving away NCARB services (including an NCARB Certificate application and a division of the ARE) to three lucky winners.
Be Bold, Be Brave, Belong
Stop by our expo booth (#2539) to learn about the future of licensure, pick up a free t-shirt, and enter our Be Bold Contest. We have exciting updates for both architects and emerging professionals:
- Be Bold: The profession is evolving—and so is the path to licensure. Catch up on the latest news about our programs and initiatives, such as the possibility of licensure upon graduation, improvements to our Broadly Experienced Architects program, and what’s in store for the future.
- Be Brave: Following your dream of becoming an architect is less complicated than you think. We’ll show you the tools you can use to shorten your time licensure.
- Belong: Interested in boosting your career or shaping the future of our profession? Learn how you can become a part of our community by volunteering or applying for an NCARB Certificate.
Enter the Be Bold Contest
Make plans to visit the NCARB booth between June 26-28 for a chance to win one of three prizes! To enter the contest, have a booth representative scan your conference badge. By having your badge scanned, you will be automatically entered to win one of the three prizes. See contest rules.
Each winner may choose from one (1) of the following prizes:
- One (1) division of the Architect Registration Examination (ARE)
- One (1) Intern Application
- One (1) NCARB Certificate Annual Renewal
- One (1) NCARB Certificate Application
Catch a Live Broadcast about Licensure Upon Graduation
Swing by Architect Magazine’s booth (#4353) for ARCHITECT Live, a streaming broadcast straight from the expo floor. On June 26 at 3:15 p.m. CDT, NCARB CEO Michael Armstrong will share the latest updates on the proposed path to licensure upon graduation, along with exciting news from the Council. With all the buzz this topic’s generated, you won’t want to miss the chance to participate in this dynamic debate.
Meet the Experts
This year, we’re hosting two engaging workshops. This is your chance to meet our experts, learn something new, and ask questions.
The New IDP and ARE: If You Only Knew
Date: Thursday, June 26
Time: 6-7 p.m.
Presenters: Nick Serfass, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP, PMP, and Ryan Misner, AIA, NCARB
Emerging professionals, IDP supervisors, and mentors won’t want to miss this workshop. We’ll walk you through the concepts that shaped some of the most dramatic modifications to the IDP and ARE in recent years.
Committed to Community
Date: Saturday, June 28
Time: 8:30-10 a.m.
Presenter: Michelle Kinasiewicz, AIA, NCARB, LEED APBD+C
Volunteering for a Community Based Design Center/Collaborative is a great way to give back to your community and earn IDP credit along the way. We’ll share how interns can take advantage of this opportunity to earn unique skills and gain valuable experience toward their professional goals.
Earn Learning Units
Have questions about applying for Certification, approving IDP hours, or the future of our programs? You can now earn LUs just for chatting with our experts. To learn more about the AIA’s new Expo Chat program, click here.
Join the Conversation
Follow along on social media by using the hashtags #ncarb and #aiacon14. Whether you’re on Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn, you can connect with other professionals and stay abreast of the latest industry news.