August 21, 2015
Updated Architect Registration Examination® (ARE®) Exam Guides are now available! You can download the new exam guides here.
- Each division with multiple-choice questions includes new sample questions. NCARB has been continuously updating our bank of questions and implementing new writing standards. These changes include eliminating all questions that use a negative form (such as “which of the following is NOT...).
- Other sample questions were updated to reflect current AIA contracts as well as other formatting changes. The updated sample questions in each exam guide now best reflect the format of questions candidates can expect while testing on the ARE.
What’s the Same?
- Division content areas remain unchanged for each division.
- No changes have been made to any of the vignette sample solutions.
- The list of references at the end of each exam guide remains the same for each division.
Looking for Additional Resources?
- Join the ARE 4.0 Community! Engage with our experts and your fellow candidates to get advice on taking the exam and review prep videos.
- Download the July 2015 ARE Guidelines. Updates include changes to the candidate agreement and medical items approved to bring into the test center.