August 19, 2016
To help you prepare for the November 1 launch of the Architect Registration Examination® (ARE®) 5.0, we’ve released the ARE 5.0 Guidelines! The document includes an introduction to the exam, an overview of appointment times, plus five steps to completing the exam.
[Download the ARE 5.0 Guidelines]
ARE 5.0 Launches November 1
On November 1, candidates will be able to log in to My NCARB, transition to ARE 5.0, and start scheduling appointments for ARE 5.0.
- Want to transition from ARE 4.0 to 5.0? Once the exam launches, you’ll be able to log in to My NCARB, self-transition your eligibilities to ARE 5.0, and make an appointment to take a division.
- Want to start testing in ARE 4.0? If you’d like to start testing in ARE 4.0, you’ll need to request eligibility in 4.0 though My NCARB by October 31, 2016.
Updates to Both ARE 4.0 and 5.0
- Rescheduling fee change: Starting November 1, candidates will not be charged a rescheduling fee for divisions scheduled 30+ days in advance.
- International testing fee change: The fee for internationally delivered exams will be reduced to $210—a $100 savings.
- New score verification procedure: NCARB will continue to support the official exam review and challenge procedure for jurisdictions that allow it. A new score verification option will also become available November 1 for candidates who want additional verification of a failed score result.
What’s New in ARE 5.0
- Scheduling exam process: Starting November 1, candidates will pay NCARB the $210 exam fee prior to scheduling an appointment time at Prometric.
- New break policy: Every ARE 5.0 division will include one flexible 15-minute break—to take whenever you’d like.
Tools and Resources
Later this month, NCARB will be releasing the ARE 5.0 Handbook—an in-depth guide to each division. And in September, we’ll roll out the ARE 5.0 Online Community, featuring videos on each of the six new divisions. In the meantime, head to our blog for helpful tips and resources.
NCARB Live: ARE 5.0
We’re hosting two NCARB Live webinars about all of the new ARE 5.0 resources and how to prepare for launch.