August 23 Update: Power to NCARB’s office has been restored, and all of our systems and services are back online.
August 18, 2016
NCARB employees are working remotely due to a power outage in the Washington, DC, area. Early Tuesday morning, a transformer fire outside the NCARB office caused several buildings to lose power. No one was injured during the incident.
Until power is restored to the office building, NCARB will be operating remotely. Here’s how this temporary solution will impact you:
- Your NCARB Records are safe. The information in your NCARB Records remain safe and secure. For added security, NCARB maintains back-up servers off-site.
- My NCARB and My Examination are up and running. You can still access your Record through My NCARB, as well as your exam scores through My Examination.
- Customer service response times may be longer than usual. As our team works remotely, customers may experience longer email response times; the phone system is currently offline. Transmittal requests may also experience delays.
- The Registration Board Section of My NCARB is now working. August 19 update: We have restored access to this portion of My NCARB, which is used by licensing boards.
- ARE, AXP and NCARB Certificate services are operational. Licensure candidates and certified architects can still enjoy our program-related services, including the ARE Practice Programs, My AXP app, and Monograph Series.
At this time, we do not know when power will be restored to NCARB’s office. We will continue to post updates on this webpage and our social media channels. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience.