2013 New ARE Systems
In late August 2013, NCARB will launch a new service within My NCARB for Architect Registration Examination® (ARE®) candidates to access their examination information and schedule appointments. The new service—called My Examination—will be located within your NCARB Record and will offer several benefits, such as easy access to your:
- Exam history
- Authorization to test information
- Rolling clock dates
- Score reports
[Learn More About My Examination] [New Score Reports]
2013 Blackout: Begins 1 July 2013
As announced in September 2011, Alpine Testing Solutions, Inc. will take over content and candidate management for the ARE, and Prometric will continue to be the Council’s site management consultant beginning 1 July 2013.
In order to facilitate the migration of data to the new consultant, there will be an estimated eight-week blackout for candidates. This means:
- No exam appointments may be scheduled for on or after 1 July 2013 until the blackout ends in late-August 2013.
- There will be no exams administered beginning 1 July 2013 until the blackout ends.
- The last day to take an exam before the blackout will be 30 June 2013.
- The last batch of exams taken on or before 30 June 2013 will be scored by Prometric prior to the data migration to the new consultant.
- The last day to contact Prometric to receive authorization to test/candidate ID numbers will be 30 June 2013.
- Staff at your state board will not have access to the candidate database during the blackout so it will not be able to enter or create exam eligibilities or update your name or address information during this time.
There will be no changes to exam content post-blackout. However, the process to schedule an exam appointment and receive score reports will be different.
ARE Rolling Clock Extension
For all candidates, NCARB will grant an automatic 12–week extension to the rolling clock dates that expired during or after the blackout. If you are eligible to test through a jurisdiction with its own rolling clock rules, please contact your board to see how the blackout may impact you.
Plan Ahead: Be Ready to Test Post-Blackout
Before the launch, NCARB will update the ARE Guidelines and exam guides with the new processes and information related to My Examination. In the meantime, there are other things you can do to make sure you’re ready to start testing again in September. [more]
Frequently Asked Questions
Questions about the new My Examination or blackout period? Read some frequently asked questions. [more]
Over the next few months, NCARB will have more information about the new ARE system, processes, blackout, and preparation resources. Subscribe to ARE Updates to receive notification when new information is available. [Subscribe]