Your NCARB Record is a detailed, verified record of your education and experience, and is used to establish your qualifications for examination, registration, and certification. You must have an NCARB Record to complete the Intern Development Program (IDP), the Architect Registration Examination (ARE), or apply for the NCARB Certificate.
How to Apply For an NCARB Record
- On the home page, click the blue "Log in" button on the right side of the screen.
- Click "Establish Record" on the right.
- Create a new account. (You can skip the combine accounts step.)
- Add the "NCARB Record" service.
- Download and save the Certification Guidelines and the IDP Guidelines (if you are enrolling in the IDP) and agree to the statement.
- Follow the step-by-step instructions to fill out all of the required information.
- Review your information for accuracy—errors will delay your processing time.
- Select and enter your payment method.
- Click submit and check your e-mail. You will receive two e-mails: one confirming your payment and one with instructions for your next steps and your Record number. Note: You haven't established a Record unless you have submitted payment and received a Record number.
- Log in to "My NCARB" and select "NCARB Record." Download, fill out, and send the remaining forms to your school or reference. Experience may be submitted through the online reporting system. Note: If you are an intern, you must comply with the reporting requirements.
My NCARB is a secure section of the NCARB website. You can access your Record at any time to check your renewal date, renew your Record, request transmittals to registration boards, review your Record summary, review your IDP progress, and/or change your contact information. Click here to log in to your Record or set up an account.