NCARB’s Customer Relations Directorate is looking for friendly, positive, energetic Assistant Director, Customer Relations to help lead the team in delivering outstanding service to students, licensure candidates, registered architects and Member Boards in all Council customer relations matters.
NCARB services include the development, administration and maintenance of the Architectural Experience Program (AXP), the Architect Registration Examination (ARE), and the NCARB Certificate, which facilitates reciprocity between jurisdictions. Our talented team members in the Customer Relations Directorate provide customer service to our members, licensure candidates, and architects in all matters related to architectural licensure.
This position reports to the Director, Customer Relations and is a highly collaborative role working with a wide range of professionals. We take great pride in maintaining high standards of excellence in customer service. If you are passionate about customer service, helping others and creating and maintaining a positive team environment, then this is the job for you.
Duties will include:
- You will work closely with the director and team leadership on the organizational roadmap and direction, helping to create the voice and tone for the team as part of a commitment to a strong culture aligned with our values.
- As a Subject Matter Expert (SME), you will lead the team in the application of Council program rules and delivering excellent customer service.
- You will own service level agreements, performance metrics and analysis of service delivery and operational efficiency.
- You will be a role model for operational principles and practices with emphasis on continuing to build and develop sustainable, efficient operations, and continuous improvement of our services.
- You will contribute to ongoing professional growth and development of team members by building relationships, providing coaching, and developing and delivering training.
At a minimum, you have:
- A passion for customer service with successful track record of building and/or growing highly successful teams and team culture.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Information Systems or related field; or, combination of substantial related experience, training, and education may substitute. Advanced degree preferred.
- 7 -10 years of relevant experience in credential evaluation related to professional licensure, a customer service environment, or related field, with 3 -5 years of leadership experience managing people and projects preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in customer service that includes ability as a leader and team player who can positively and productively build and coach a team of professionals and influence change.
- Exceptional written, oral and presentation skills.
- Ability to interact with wide-range of professionals.
- High level of flexibility, creativity, and innovation.
- Ability to travel 10 – 20% of the time including weekends.
Ideally you also have experience with:
- Prior experience with regulatory agencies and/or state government.
- Data analytics and reporting.
- Developing and delivering training content.
It would be awesome if you also had:
- Experience with professional licensure, conduct and disciplinary case management.
- Experience serving as a staff committee liaison and supporting and facilitating committee work.
- Experience working with teams in an Agile environment using Scrum or Kanban.
- Interest in professional licensure of architects.
- Foreign language skills.
If you feel qualified and you are experienced with these concepts, please go ahead and apply. We would love to hear from you.
NCARB is an EEO employer committed to recruiting a diverse workforce. We offer a competitive salary and great benefits along with an excellent work environment including flexible work hours, smart benefits program, convenient metro-accessible location (Farragut West and Farragut North), and opportunity for professional growth and development.
To apply: Interested and qualified applicants can apply here.