NCARB’s Information Systems Department is searching for a Software Engineer (mid-to-senior level), to work with a high performing team of technologists on building robust solutions in the architecture licensure domain. The team has been building enterprise software for over 10 years, effectively positioning the Council as a leader in technology implementation and innovation in the non-profit sector. With its core processes properly supported, NCARB is now able to innovate and improve in how the Council manages information, and creates new opportunities for new services and products, even with commercial viabilities.
Our process and culture are based on:
- Team first
- General superhuman powers
We build with:
- C#, .NET MVC and .NET Core
- Angularjs, Angular 7
- Restful API Design
- OAuth2 based authentication
- Domain Driven Design
- Microservice and event driven architecture
- Asynchronous messaging (NServiceBus)
- Continuous Integration & Delivery
- Amazon Web Services
- Dockerized Applications
- Prototyping and LeanUX
- Responsive Design
- SQL Server, RDS Postgres, NoSQL (DynamoDB and Mongo)
- Xamarin for Mobile (iOS and Android)
Our Codebase is on GitHub and we use the GitFlow branching model.
At a minimum, you have:
- A collaborative work style that enjoys being part of team; a positive attitude and a passion for lifelong learning.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or similar.
- Two or more years of related work experience in software development, writing code, building applications and delivering technology solutions using the technologies we build with or similar technologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures.
Ideally, you have:
- Experience working with teams in an Agile environment using Scrum.
- High level of flexibility, creativity and innovation.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with proven ability to partner and contribute to projects with high levels of technical and/or functional complexity.
- Demonstrated ability to systematically gather relevant information from different sources to address issues and make appropriate decisions.
It would be awesome if you had:
- Familiarity with Lean Startup, Design Thinking, and other innovation methods.
NCARB is an EEO employer committed to recruiting a diverse workforce. We offer a competitive salary and benefit package along with an excellent work environment with great people in a beautiful office space with lots of light. NCARB also offers flexible work hours, smart benefits program, convenient metro-accessible location (McPherson Square and Metro Center) and opportunity for professional growth and development.