- Will NCARB-approved materials improve my chances to pass the ARE?
While NCARB-approved materials are verified to appropriately cover the key elements of the division, passing the ARE typically requires a combination of education, experience, and studying. Therefore, NCARB does not guarantee that the use of approved materials will result in a passing score.
- Where can I find the latest information about the ARE?
- Where can I find ARE 5.0 study materials?
NCARB’s ARE 5.0 Handbook includes a breakdown of each division, sample questions, suggested study resources, and more. You can also find real-time advice from NCARB’s experts on the ARE 5.0 Community, as well as exclusive prep videos on our YouTube channel.
- What is the Approved Test Prep Provider Program?
NCARB launched the Approved Test Prep Provider Program to help candidates better prepare for ARE 5.0. Through this initiative, test prep companies can submit study materials to an NCARB committee of volunteer architects for review.
- How do I know if test prep materials are NCARB-approved?
Approved materials will be listed here. These materials will also use NCARB’s Test Prep Provider logo to designate their status.
- How can I take an ARE 5.0 practice test?
You can access the free ARE 5.0 Demonstration Exam, which includes 75 items from across the six ARE 5.0 divisions, at ncarb.org/demoexam.
- Does NCARB recommend any third-party ARE 5.0 study materials?
Yes—you can find a list of NCARB-approved materials here. We also encourage candidates to take advantage of NCARB’s study resources, including the ARE 5.0 Handbook, ARE 5.0 Community, and Test Prep Video Series.