Should U.S. architects seeking registration in Canada use the Tri-National Agreement?

No. U.S. architects seeking registration in Canada should use the streamlined Canadian Mutual Recognition Arrangement. To take advantage of the MRA between the United States and Canada, your principal place of practice must be a signatory jurisdiction. If your principal place of practice is not a signatory jurisdiction, you may use the Tri-National Agreement.

How long do I have to pass a Continuum Education quiz?

After you download your Continuum Education course, you’ll have two years and two opportunities to finish the quiz. If you would like to re-take the quiz for a third time, please contact our Customer Relations team at 202-879-0520. Subsequent retakes cost $25 each.

While quiz availability may change over time, courses approved for AIA learning units are generally available for three years after initial publication. Availability may be extended for select courses. It is our goal to provide two months’ advance notice before retiring any monographs.

How do I know if my degree is from an architecture program that is NAAB-accredited?

You can browse all current NAAB-accredited programs through the  NAAB’s school search tool.

How do I become an architect licensing advisor?

Interested in helping guide the next generation of architects? Contact  advisors@ncarb.org to learn more.

How do I add my education to my NCARB Record?

To add education to your NCARB Record, select “Education” and then “Add University.” Then, you can have your transcripts verified in one of two ways: 1. Use your school's electronic transcript request form to have a transcript sent directly to NCARB, or 2. Download and send a transcript request form and any fee to your school(s). Your school must submit the transcript directly to NCARB. Please see Submitting Your Transcripts for more detailed instructions.

How can I volunteer for an NCARB committee?

The best way to get involved with an NCARB initiative is to contact your jurisdiction’s licensing board. And be sure to opt-in to NCARB emails, so you’re the first to hear about new volunteer opportunities.

How can I join the Think Tank or Re-Think Tank?

NCARB accepts applications for emerging professionals to serve on the Think Tank and Re-Think Tank in late spring each year. Learn more about the Think Tank and Re-Think Tank.

How can I help with a Freedom by Design project?

Contact your  local AIAS chapter  to learn about Freedom by Design projects in your area.