Project Development & Documentation focuses on projects after the schematic design has been approved. In this area, you’ll gain experience preparing construction documents and coordinating with regulatory authorities to gain the necessary approvals for construction.
Required hours: 1,520
This practice area has the largest number of required hours and a small number of tasks, all of which are vital to creating an accurate set of construction documents. Meet with your supervisor often to ensure you’re taking on new tasks that broaden your skill set.
As you gain Project Development & Documentation experience, work with your supervisor to ensure you’re able to:
- Communicate design ideas to the client graphically
- Prepare submittals for regulatory approval
- Communicate design ideas to client with two-dimensional (2-D) computer aided design software
- Select furniture, fixtures, and equipment that meet client’s design requirements and needs
- Communicate design ideas to the client using hand drawings
- Communicate design ideas to client with three-dimensional (3-D) computer aided design software
- Update Cost of Work estimates