Completing the AXP and ARE while earning your degree requires drive and determination—and the right resources to navigate the path to licensure. Here are some tools to help you become an IPAL graduate.
"We have had a great success assigning our students to the firms as shadows, which [often] have transformed to AXP [opportunities] for IPAL students. The key to the success has been the great interest from the practitioners in the cause of IPAL and the booming economy."
—NewSchool of Architecture & Design
- IPAL Advisor—Each IPAL option has a designated IPAL advisor dedicated to offering guidance at your NAAB-accredited program. Your advisor will be able to guide you through IPAL enrollment and other school-related aspects of participating in IPAL. Not sure who your IPAL advisor is? Contact us at email@example.com.
- Architect Licensing Advisor—In addition to your IPAL advisor, each NAAB-accredited program has an architect licensing advisor, who can help answer many questions you may have about the AXP and the ARE. Find your licensing advisor.
- AXP Guidelines—Essential for all candidates completing the experience program, this document guides you through the program’s rules and requirements.
- Your Guide to the AXP—This quick overview will fill you in on the basics of the experience program, including some FAQs.
- AXP Supervisors—Need help navigating your candidate/supervisor relationship? Visit the Supervisors and Mentors section of our website for more tools and resources.
- Destination Architect—Sign up for our Destination Architect newsletter for the latest program updates.
- ARE 5.0 Guidelines— Learn everything you need to know about starting the ARE, scheduling an exam, going to the test center, and other important examination policies.
- ARE 5.0 Handbook—The ARE 5.0 Handbook walks you through each division, providing specifics on objectives, sample questions, suggested references, and more.
- Your Guide to the ARE—Explore the basics of preparing for the exam, arriving at the test center, and more with this quick overview.
- ARE 5.0 Community—Through the community, you’ll have access to exclusive prep videos, advice from NCARB experts and fellow test-takers, and more.
Need additional help? Contact us.
Are you a prospective student? Learn more about the benefits of enrolling in an IPAL option.