Construction & Evaluation focuses on the construction administration and post-construction phases of a project. This includes being out on the job site; meeting with contractors, clients, and building officials; and punching lists.
Required hours: 360
You may find it difficult to gain job site experience early in your career. So start with smaller tasks that can be performed in the office, and talk with your supervisor about upcoming opportunities to make field observations.
As you gain Construction & Evaluation experience, work with your supervisor to ensure you’re able to:
- Review shop drawings and submittals during construction for conformance with design intent
- Respond to Contractor Requests for Information
- Complete field reports to document field observations from construction site visit
- Review results from field reports, third-party inspections, and other test results for conformance with contract documents
- Review Application and Certificate for Payment
- Manage project close-out procedures and documentation