Customer Relations Directorate is looking for friendly, positive, energetic professional to help lead our talented team members in delivering outstanding service to students, licensure candidates, registered architects and Member Boards in all Council customer relations matters.
Our team, in collaboration with architectural licensing boards, administers national programs for licensure candidates and architects. We help guide them through the process of meeting the architectural license requirements to practice in their particular jurisdiction. Additionally, through the NCARB Certification, we are able to ensure that they have the mobility to go wherever their career takes them.
This position reports to the Vice President, Customer Relations and is a highly collaborative role working with a wide range of professionals. The Customer Relations team takes great pride in maintaining high standards of excellence in customer service. If you are passionate about customer service, helping others and creating and maintaining a positive team environment, then this is the job for you.
Duties will include:
- You will work closely with the vice president and team leadership on the organizational roadmap and strategic direction, helping to create the voice and tone for the team as part of a commitment to a strong culture aligned with our values.
- As a Subject Matter Expert (SME), you will lead the team in the application of the Council’s Record Evaluation Services and help ensure that team is equipped with knowledge of programs and services so that they may deliver excellent care to our customers.
- As a partner, you will collaborate with licensing boards and board members in support of licensing and credentialing of architects; and, provide service, training, education and support on emerging issues and disciplinary matters.
- You will own service level agreements, performance metrics and analysis of service delivery and operational efficiency. You will be a role model for operational principles and practices with emphasis on continuing to build and develop sustainable, efficient operations, and continuous improvement of our services.
- As a leader and role model, you will contribute to ongoing professional growth and development of team members by building relationships, providing coaching, and developing and delivering training.
At a minimum, you have:
- A passion for customer service with successful track record of building and/or growing highly successful teams and team culture.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Information Systems or related field; or, combination of substantial related experience, training, and education may substitute. Advanced degree preferred.
- Seven to ten years of relevant experience in credential evaluation related to professional licensure, a customer service environment, or related field, with three to five years of leadership experience managing people and projects preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in customer service that includes ability as a leader and team player who can positively and productively build and coach a team of professionals and influence change.
- Exceptional written, oral and presentation skills.
- Ability to interact with wide-range of professionals.
- High level of flexibility, creativity, and innovation.
- Ability to travel ten to twenty percent of the time including weekends.
Ideally you also have experience with:
- Prior experience with regulatory agencies and/or state government.
- Data analytics and reporting.
- Developing and delivering training content.
It would be awesome if you also had:
- Experience with professional licensure, certification, conduct and disciplinary case management.
- Experience serving as a staff committee liaison and supporting and facilitating committee work.
- Experience working with teams in an Agile environment using Scrum or Kanban.
- Interest in professional licensure of architects.
- Foreign language skills.
If you feel qualified and this sounds exciting to you, please go ahead and apply. We would love to hear from you.
NCARB is an EEO employer committed to recruiting a diverse workforce. We offer a competitive salary and benefit package along with an excellent work environment with great people in a beautiful office space with lots of light. NCARB also offers flexible work hours, smart benefits program, convenient metro-accessible location (McPherson Square and Metro Center) and opportunity for professional growth and development.