NCARB’s Council Relations team is searching for a Coordinator, Advocacy & External Engagement to support and coordinate advocacy and external engagement projects and activities. Our talented team members in the Council Relations Directorate establish strong working relationships with the architectural licensing boards (their executives and members) to assist them in understanding the Council’s programs and services and support their efforts to protect the public and facilitate architectural licensure. The team takes great pride in being responsive and providing excellent customer service to NCARB’s members.
The Coordinator, Advocacy & External Engagement reports to the Manager, Advocacy & External Engagement and is a highly collaborative role that supports Council-wide advocacy initiatives and our shared goals and objectives set by NCARB leadership. If you are a motivated and outgoing person, don’t mind asking out-of-the box questions, have strong project management skills, enjoy building relationships, have a passion for advocacy work, are skilled at conducting legislative research, and enjoy supporting innovative projects, then this is the job for you.
Duties will include:
- Research and analysis as you keep current with state and local architectural legislation and regulatory trends and developments.
- Continual learning as you develop and maintain an understanding of the Council’s licensure programs and services.
- Communication coordination as you help develop and edit advocacy-related content for articles, blogs, newsletters, and other materials.
- Relationship management as you cultivate and maintain relationships with colleagues, volunteers, members, policymakers, and allied professional organizations.
- Administration and project management as you contribute to supporting and organizing events and special projects as needed.
At a minimum, you have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science or related field; or, combination of substantial related experience, training, and education may substitute.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in a national, state and/or local public policy arena, advocacy or similar environment with emphasis on research, analysis, writing, and excellent organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact with a wide-range of professionals.
- A collaborative communication style with the ability to speak and write well.
- The ability to build strong relationships with internal and external customers.
- Attention to detail and can coordinate multiple projects in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency using technology and a wide variety of software applications to include Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint), Adobe (PDF) Applications, Westlaw, state tracking services and social media.
- Traveled for work and don’t mind extra travel on weekends.
Ideally, you have:
- Demonstrated knowledge of regulatory and political processes.
- Prior experience with regulatory agencies and/or state government.
It would be awesome if you had:
- Association experience or worked on Capitol Hill.
- Interest in architectural licensing laws and regulations.
- Experience working with teams in an Agile project management environment.
NCARB's employees enjoy a comprehensive set of benefits that include strong support for health and wellness, some nice perks, and professional development. We also offer a great work environment that is thoughtful and collaborative. It is filled with lots of light and awesome colleagues who believe in our mission and embrace our values of Open, Responsive, and Restless.
Some highlights include:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Life and disability insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- All-staff outings and retreats
- Convenient metro-accessible location (Farragut West and Farragut North)
How to Apply
If you feel qualified and this position is interesting and exciting to you, please apply. We would love to hear from you.
NCARB is an EEO employer committed to recruiting a diverse workforce.