NCARB’s Council Relations team is searching for a Manager, Member Board Relations to focus on issues related to architectural registration laws and regulations; and, provide support and information to our fifty-five state boards regulating the profession of architecture, assisting them in all aspects of the Council’s programs and services. Our talented team members in the Council Relations Directorate establish strong working relationships with the architectural licensing boards (their executives and members) to assist them in understanding the Council’s programs and services and support their efforts to protect the public and facilitate architectural licensure. The team takes great pride in being responsive and providing excellent customer service to NCARB’s members.
The Manager, Member Board Relations reports to the Assistant Director, Volunteer Engagement and is a highly collaborative role that supports Council-wide initiatives and shared goals and objectives set by NCARB leadership. If you are a nice person, skilled at conducting research, interested in the architectural profession, protecting the public, and a desire to learn more about architectural registration laws and regulations along with a customer service focus to help others, then this is the job for you.
Duties will include:
- You will work closely with the assistant director and team leadership on issues related to architectural registration laws and regulations, as they apply to Council programs and services.
- You will analyze jurisdiction’s rules and regulations, identify trends, and communicate complex information for various stakeholders.
- You will focus on implementation of Council programs by developing content in various formats to support staff; and, building working relationships with Member Boards.
- You will contribute to supporting and organizing events and conferences, database management, and special projects as needed.
At a minimum, you have:
- Bachelor’s degree; or, combination of substantial related experience, training, and education may substitute.
- Five or more years of relevant experience that includes strong analytical skills and competence to undertake research assignments with minimal supervision, a customer-centric mindset and strong interpersonal skills, excellent research skills and attention to detail, strong written and verbal communication, and, well-developed presentation and reporting skills.
- Proficient in Adobe (PDF) Applications and Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Outlook, Excel, and Power Point.
- Some minimal travel including weekends may occasionally be required.
Ideally, you have:
- Prior experience with regulatory agencies and/or state government.
- Experience with data analysis and reporting.
- Experience serving as a staff committee liaison and/or supporting and facilitating committee work.
It would be awesome if you had:
- Interest in architectural registration laws and regulations.
- Experience working with teams in an Agile environment using Scrum or Kanban.
NCARB's employees enjoy a comprehensive set of benefits that include strong support for health and wellness, some nice perks, and professional development. We also offer a great work environment that is thoughtful and collaborative. It is filled with lots of light and awesome colleagues who believe in our mission and embrace our values of being open, responsive, and restless.
Some highlights include:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, vision, and dental benefits
- Paid parental leave
- Life and disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- All-staff outings and retreats
- Convenient metro-accessible location (Farragut West and Farragut North)
NCARB is an EEO employer committed to recruiting a diverse workforce.
To apply: Interested and qualified applicants can apply here.