NCARB’s Experience + Education (E+E) team is searching for an Outreach Manager, Experience + Education to travel the country and conduct outreach to schools, firms, and allied professional organizations’ events and conferences to build relationships and share the Council’s message on the pathway to licensure as an architect.
The Experience + Education team manages several of the Council’s programs and services that include the Architectural Experience Program®(AXP™), Integrated Path to Architectural Licensure (IPAL), Architect Licensing Advisors Community, NCARB Certification programs, outreach to schools and allied organizations, education and continuing education initiatives, and international recognition initiatives.
This position reports to the Assistant Director, Experience + Education and is a highly collaborative role on a dynamic team that works across the Council and with a wide range of professionals. We take great pride in developing and delivering outreach programs for schools, firms, allied professional organizations’ conventions and events to ensure candidates for licensure as an architect can make informed decisions on their future.
This individual will play a critical role in the ongoing development and improvement of the Council’s outreach efforts and building relationships and awareness of the Council’s architectural licensure programs and services. If you are an outgoing person with a passion for engaging dialog, and you enjoy frequent travel and public speaking in front of large audiences to educate them and ultimately help them reach their professional licensure and career goals, we want to hear from you.
Duties will include:
- Collaboration as you build and maintain relationships with colleagues, volunteers, schools, firms, and allied professional organizations to effectively develop and implement outreach goals and initiatives.
- You will increase awareness of Council programs and services and serve as a resource for multiple stakeholders; provide training, technical assistance and delivery of outreach education programs and services.
- You will seek opportunities for outreach events. Schedule, coordinate, and develop presentations for outreach team members and Council leadership.
- You will organize, manage and participate in outreach projects and events; collaborate on the ongoing development of outreach presentations, content and collateral materials.
- You will collect, compile, and provide real-time feedback from the public through outreach efforts on all the Council’s programs and initiatives.
At a minimum, you have:
- An open, positive attitude that enjoys working as part of a team.
- A degree from an architecture program accredited by the NAAB (B.Arch., M.Arch. D. Arch).
- Obtained an initial license to practice architecture within the past three years in at least one NCARB jurisdiction and meet all NCARB certification requirements.
- Exceptional verbal, written presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience and strong skills in providing superior customer service, interaction with a wide range of professionals, attention to detail, and managing multiple projects.
- Demonstrated proficiency using technology and a wide variety of software applications to include Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Outlook, Excel, and Power Point.
- Strong electronic file management skills; and, excellent calendar management skills using Outlook.
- Ability to travel 70% of the time including weekends.
Ideally, you have:
- A passion for public speaking in front of large audiences.
- A passion for frequent work-related travel.
- A passion networking and being around people.
- Experience serving as a staff committee liaison and supporting and facilitating committee work.
- Experience working with teams in an Agile environment.
It would be awesome if you had:
- Ability to speak more than one language.
- A passion for writing.
NCARB's employees enjoy a comprehensive set of benefits that include strong support for health and wellness, some nice perks, and professional development. We also offer a great work environment that is thoughtful and collaborative. It is filled with lots of light and awesome colleagues who believe in our mission and embrace our values of Open, Responsive, and Restless.
Some highlights include:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Life and disability insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- All-staff outings and retreats
- Convenient metro-accessible location (Farragut West and Farragut North)
NCARB is an EEO employer committed to recruiting a diverse workforce.