NCARB’s Administration Department is searching for a collaborative, positive, and resourceful Sr. Manager, Meetings + Events to join our team and work together on leading the development and successful execution of NCARB’s signature events and meetings including internal and external meetings and events.
The Meeting Planning Team is part of NCARB’s Administration Department and have the significant responsibility of managing all aspects of meeting and event planning. They are skilled in navigating the business functions of event management that include research, site selection, contract negotiation, vendor management, registration, event communications, budget management, event staffing and onsite management. This team partners with colleagues across NCARB and understands the shared vision and strategic goals of our events and meetings and does their part in contributing to their successful delivery and execution.
This position reports to the vice president, administration and is a highly collaborative role working with others across the organization. We take great pride in maintaining high standards of service, planning and satisfaction. If you are a skilled meeting and project manager who thrives in a collaborative work environment, can lead and empower others to reach goals and objectives, and is comfortable taking the lead in planning signature events and meetings as well as working behind the scenes, then we want to hear from you.
Duties will include:
- You will utilize your exceptional communication skills, project management skills, and knowledge of meeting planning and operations to plan, coordinate, and execute NCARB signature events and meetings.
- You will serve as a leader and strategic partner with your colleagues, subject matter experts, meeting planners and external vendors as you coordinate and align efforts to deliver results.
- You will conduct research and site inspections for venue selection, negotiate contracts with vendors and venues to align with meeting and event needs; and, ensure financial and contractual accountability.
- As the lead planner and a subject matter expert, you will lead and coach your direct report (also a meeting planner); support their growth and development; delegate and supervise their work; and ensure a focus on excellent customer service, efficiency and client satisfaction.
At a minimum, you have:
- An open positive attitude that enjoys working as part of a team.
- A Bachelor’s Degree; or, combination of substantial related experience, training, and education may substitute.
- Ten or more years of in-depth experience planning meetings and events that includes direct experience in being lead decision maker in designing all aspects of meetings and events.
- Polished verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience and strong skills in providing superior customer service, interaction with a wide range of professionals, attention to detail, and managing multiple projects.
- Proficiency using technology and a wide variety of software applications to include Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, and Power Point) and event management software (Cvent).
- Ability to travel 20% of time including weekends.
Ideally you have:
- Experience leading complex events of 350+ attendees.
- An established network of planners, vendors, venues, and professionals in the industry and across the nation.
- Passion for meeting and event planning along with flexibility, consistency, creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to remain calm and composed under stressful situations.
- Strong comfort level learning and using the software application Cvent to support meetings and events.
- CMP certification.
It would be awesome if you also have:
- Experience working with teams in an Agile environment using Scrum.
NCARB's employees enjoy a comprehensive set of benefits that include strong support for health and wellness, some nice perks, and professional development. We also offer a great work environment that is thoughtful and collaborative. It is filled with lots of light and awesome colleagues who believe in our mission and embrace our values of Open, Responsive, and Restless.
Some highlights include:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Life and disability insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- All-staff outings and retreats
- Convenient metro-accessible location (Farragut West and Farragut North)
NCARB is an EEO employer committed to recruiting a diverse workforce.