As the architecture community navigates the COVID-19 outbreak, we know this is a difficult period for many of our customers. NCARB is working to provide you with the services and information you need, and we’re here to help.
Our mission is to facilitate licensure for candidates and architects, and one of our goals during this time of uncertainty is to ensure that you have the resources you need to maintain your licensure momentum.
- Our team is here for you. While our physical office is closed, our full team continues to operate remotely. Our regular services are running as usual, so please don’t hesitate to reach out online or at 202-879-0520. Our business hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. (ET). In addition, you can view our most recent web updates for more information.
- Test centers are closed, and all candidates with active passed divisions are receiving rolling clock extensions. For health and safety reasons, all U.S. and Canadian Prometric test centers are temporarily closed. To ensure you don’t lose Architect Registration Examination® (ARE®) credit, we’re applying a 90-day rolling clock extension to all passed divisions. Plus, all rescheduling fees are currently waived. Learn more.
- Earn a reciprocal license. NCARB continues to receive and process requests to transmit customer Records for reciprocal licensure, and we are in contact with architectural licensing boards to ensure you have the mobility you need.
- Study with our free test prep materials. You may not be able to sit for an exam right now, but you can still prepare to test with our free study resources—including the demo exam, ARE 5.0 Handbook, online community, and more.
- Earn and report experience. Be sure to stay connected with your Architectural Experience Program® (AXP®) supervisor about ways you can earn AXP experience. Remote work is still eligible for the AXP, plus you can report experience up to five years back for partial credit.
- Earn free continuing education. Postponed professional conference or event? Take time to complete your CE requirements by taking one or more self-study courses from the comfort of your home—free for Certificate holders and licensure candidates with active NCARB Records. Check out our latest CE course on building envelopes.
- Learn more with our webinar series. Get your program questions answered by our industry experts through our recorded live webinars.
- Connect on social. Be the first to learn about additional updates to our programs and services, or let us know what else we could be doing to help. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
We encourage you to reach out to us for assistance if you have any questions or concerns regarding our services, and to review our most recent web updates for more information. Our staff is available online or at 202-879-0520. Thank you for your ongoing patience and support.