Can I earn experience while working abroad?

You can earn experience abroad—as long as you’re working for an organization engaged in the practice of architecture and under the direct supervision of an architect. Plus, the experience must meet the AXP’s rules and employment requirements. If your AXP supervisor only has a foreign license to practice architecture, you will have limits to the maximum amount of experience you can report working abroad.