Your NCARB Record is a detailed, verified account of your education, experience, and examination history. You’ll need a Record to report AXP™ experience, start the ARE®, or apply for an NCARB Certificate. At your request, we’ll transmit your Record to jurisdictions to verify your qualifications for initial or reciprocal licensure.
To create your NCARB Record, you will also need a free My NCARB account. Follow these steps to set up both, or skip to step 4 if you already have a My NCARB account.
- Click “Login to My NCARB” on the NCARB homepage.
- Click “Establish Record.”
- Fill in the required fields to create an account and click “Submit.”
- On your My NCARB homepage, click “Add” next to the NCARB Record option.
- Fill in the required information. This step may take a while, so feel free to save and return later if you need more time.
- After completing the information, submit payment for your NCARB Record.
Once you click “Submit,” you will receive two emails: the first will confirm receipt of your payment, and the second will assign your NCARB Record number and provide further instructions.
To have your transcripts verified and included in your NCARB Record, download and mail the transcript request form and any fee to your school(s). The school must submit your transcript directly to NCARB. NCARB will only accept an official transcript submitted by the school.
More information on the cost of establishing and maintaining your NCARB Record can be found on our fees page. If you have established an NCARB Record in the past, you can reactivate your existing Record by logging in to your My NCARB account and selecting the Annual Renewal option.