Establishing Your NCARB Record
Your NCARB Record is a detailed, verified account of your education, experience, and examination history. You’ll need a Record to report AXP® experience, start the ARE®, earn your initial license, and apply for an NCARB Certificate.
To create your NCARB Record, you will also need a free My NCARB account. Follow these steps to set up both, or skip to step 4 if you already have a My NCARB account.
- Click “Login to My NCARB” on the NCARB homepage.
- Click “Establish Record.”
- Fill in the required fields to create an account and click “Submit.”
- On your My NCARB homepage, click “Add” next to the NCARB Record option.
- Fill in the required information. This step may take a while, so feel free to save and return later if you need more time.
- After completing the information, submit payment for your NCARB Record.
Once you click “Submit,” you will receive two emails: the first will confirm receipt of your payment, and the second will assign your NCARB Record number and provide further instructions.
More information on the cost of establishing and maintaining your NCARB Record can be found on our fees page. If you have established an NCARB Record in the past, you can reactivate your existing Record by logging in to your My NCARB account and selecting the Annual Renewal option.
To have your transcripts verified and included in your NCARB Record, please have your school send your official transcript directly to NCARB. You can do this one of two ways:
- Electronic copy: Use your school's electronic transcript request form to have a transcript sent to NCARB. Simply enter NCARB's firstname.lastname@example.org as the recipient email address, and if available, include your NCARB Record number in the comment/notes section.
- Physical copy: Download and send the transcript request form and any fee to your school(s). The school must submit your transcript directly to NCARB.
Please keep in mind, NCARB will only accept an official transcript submitted by the school whether electronically or physically. Unofficial transcripts submitted by the Record holder to NCARB will not be accepted.