Applications for the 2018 Think Tank are open through May 29 at 9 p.m. ET!
Since 2012, NCARB has invited licensure candidates from around the country to be a part of our annual Think Tank. Members have the opportunity to share feedback on the licensure process, brainstorm areas for improvement, and engage with NCARB leadership. Plus, this year’s group will explore new charges related to diversity and ethics.
To be considered for the 2018 Think Tank, you must meet the following qualifications:
- Not hold a license in a U.S. jurisdiction at the time of your application.
- Have an active NCARB Record with at least 320 approved AXP hours.
- Have not held a committee or leadership role at any level within the past five years (e.g. national, regional, state, local) with any of the following organizations: NCARB, AIA, AIAS, ACSA, NAAB.
- Be available to attend the scheduled in-person meetings. All related expenses will be covered in accordance with the NCARB travel policy.
- Be able to participate in about seven conference calls and 20-30 hours of group work throughout the year.
The 2018 Think Tank will convene September 7-8 in Washington, DC, as well as November 30-December 1 at the annual NCARB Committee Summit in Atlanta, GA.
To be considered, please complete the application by May 29, 2018, at 9 p.m. Eastern Time. Applicants will also need to answer the following question in 300-500 words: What does licensure mean to you today, and how do you see your role as an architect evolving over the next 25 years?
Selected applicants will be notified in July. In the meantime, check out the work of previous Think Tanks: