NCARB is excited to announce the 2019 NCARB Scholars in Professional Practice program, August 8-10, 2019. This year, NCARB will hold the program at the University of Hartford in West Hartford, Connecticut!
This program is a structured, multi-day professional development opportunity for professional practice educators, focusing on current, foreseen, and imagined trends in academia and practice. During this exclusive training event, 20 professors from around the country will convene to share best practices, learn from experts, and enhance the delivery of professional practice courses.
Through a mix of presentations and interactive sessions, scholars will explore several topics related to teaching professional practice, including:
- Teaching methods and student engagement
- Hiring practices and firm needs
- Negotiation skills
- Ethical decision making
- Project management and construction estimating
- The future of academia and practice
- And more!
Registration for the training program will open early April. The registration fee is $350, which includes all sessions and meals offered during the event (expenses for any additional food purchased outside of the event are not included). Be on the lookout for additional information about this training opportunity and details about how to register. Seats are limited. In the meantime, check out last year’s event to learn more about what to expect.
NCARB has funding available to support the attendance of a limited number of participants. All expenses related to travel (within the U.S.) and participation will be covered by NCARB for the scholarship recipients.
To apply for a scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a professor or adjunct faculty in an architecture program accredited by the National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB) or in candidacy status
- Teach a professional practice course
- Write a brief statement of interest (200-500 words) and upload a resume
- Submit a letter of support from their school of architecture’s dean, chair, or head
- Optional: Include up to three nomination letters from current or past students
- Be able to attend the training event from August 8-10, 2019, in West Hartford, Connecticut
Applications will be open until March 6, 2019, at 11:59 p.m. (PST).
Questions? Please contact Patricia Ramallo at email@example.com