Please direct any questions to Manager, Experience + Education Patricia Ramallo, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP BD+C & Homes, CPHD, at email@example.com.
NCARB is excited to launch the inaugural NCARB Scholars in Professional Practice Program! During this exclusive training event, 10 professors from around the country will convene in Washington, DC, from August 2-4, 2018, to share best practices, learn from experts, and enhance the delivery of professional practice courses. All expenses related to travel and participation will be covered by NCARB.
Through a mix of presentations and interactive sessions, scholars will explore several topics related to teaching professional practice, including:
- The future of academia and practice
- Ethics in architecture
- Business strategies and financial management
- Law and professional liability
- Communications and marketing
- Teaching methods and curriculum development
- And more
Apply to be an NCARB Scholar
To be eligible for the NCARB Scholars in Professional Practice Program, applicants must:
- Be a professor or adjunct faculty in an architecture program accredited by the National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB) or in candidacy status
- Teach a professional practice course
- Write a brief letter of intent (200-500 words) and upload your resume
- Submit a letter of support from your school of architecture
- Optional: Include up to three nomination letters from current or past students
- Be able to attend the training event from August 2-4, 2018, in Washington, DC
Applications will be open until March 7, 2018, at 11:59 p.m. (PST).