NCARB is aware that many Architect Registration Examination® (ARE®) candidates have not yet heard from Prometric regarding exam appointments that need to be rescheduled. To better serve you and provide you greater flexibility while Prometric works to address a high volume of candidates across their test center network, NCARB and Prometric have developed a process to resolve rescheduling delays for ARE candidates.
As of today, all exam appointments scheduled between March 18 – 31, 2020, will be canceled. You will no longer need to wait for Prometric customer service to reschedule existing appointments.
How and When Can You Reschedule?
- Your exam eligibility for the scheduled division will be reset within the next 72 hours.
- You can reschedule your early-April appointments now at no cost by logging into your NCARB Record. Otherwise, all exam appointments between April 1 – 15, 2020, will be canceled by end of day on March 31.
- NCARB will apply a seat credit to your account allowing you to reschedule this or any other future division at no cost.
- As test centers are expected to be at capacity upon their reopening, candidates are advised to consider rescheduling appointments during the late-May or June timeframe.
Rolling Clock Update
- A 90-day rolling clock extension will be applied retroactively to all valid passing scores as of March 1, 2020.
- All extensions will be granted by our candidate management system by end of day on Tuesday, March 24.
- Prometric currently expects to reopen test centers on April 16, 2020, pending additional developments in the Coronavirus outbreak.
- If you are testing outside of the United States or Canada, please check the Prometric website to determine if your test center remains open.
We appreciate your ongoing patience. For the latest information, visit NCARB's regularly updated coronavirus page.