NCARB’s Examination Department is searching for a collaborative, positive, and creative Manager, Examination to join our team and work together on developing and delivering the Architect Registration Examination® (ARE®) as well as supporting candidates and NCARB’s Member Boards.
The Examination team manages the day-to-day development and delivery of the ARE as well as works across the Council on several initiatives. Our small but mighty team works with hundreds of subject matter experts on the creation and maintenance of the ARE. We oversee ongoing improvements to the examination, and we support Council outreach efforts to inform licensure candidates and architects on all NCARB programs and services.
This position reports to the assistant vice president, examination and is a highly collaborative role working with others across the organization. We take great pride in maintaining a high stakes examination that ensures proper assessment of licensure candidates. If you are a motivated person who thrives in a collaborative work environment, can lead and empower others to reach goals and objectives, and can learn and speak confidently about new information and ideas, then we want to hear from you.
Duties will include:
- You will work closely with your fellow managers to lead and support committee volunteers to implement goals, objectives, and priorities of the Council.
- You will continuously assess the efficiencies of examination policies, standard operating procedures (SOPs), business practices and general areas of responsibility for process improvement, and make recommendations on how to implement new, or changes to, existing SOPs.
- You will participate in department and council-wide research initiatives, and remain up-to-date on technology, best practices, and other trends in both the architectural profession and the testing industry.
- You will assist in the development of ongoing program and outreach messaging; and, participate in Council outreach events as needed.
- You will consult with and keep your assistant vice presidents informed on the status of your projects.
At a minimum, you have:
- An open positive attitude that enjoys working as part of a team.
- A Bachelor’s Degree; or, combination of substantial related experience, training, and education may substitute. An accredited professional degree in architecture (B.Arch., M.Arch. D.Arch) is preferred.
- Architect candidates must be licensed in at least one NCARB jurisdiction and meet all NCARB certification requirements.
- Polished verbal and strong written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience and strong skills in providing superior customer service, interaction with a wide range of professionals, attention to detail, and managing multiple projects.
- Proficiency using technology and a wide variety of software applications to include Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, and Power Point).
- Strong electronic file management skills; and, excellent calendar management skills using Outlook.
- Ability to travel 20 -30% of time including weekends.
Ideally you have:
- A strong interest in the architectural profession and licensure.
- Five or more years of relevant experience that may include architectural practice, and / or experience managing and supporting exam development.
- Proficiency using Adobe (PDF), Bluebeam, and image editing software.
- Knowledge and/or experience with copyright laws and usage.
- Data analytics and reporting.
It would be awesome if you also have:
- Experience serving as a staff committee liaison and supporting and facilitating committee work.
- Experience working with teams in an Agile environment using Scrum.
NCARB's employees enjoy a comprehensive set of benefits that include strong support for health and wellness, some nice perks, and professional development. We also offer a great work environment that is thoughtful and collaborative. It is filled with lots of light and awesome colleagues who believe in our mission and embrace our values of Open, Responsive, and Restless.
Some highlights include:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Life and disability insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- All-staff outings and retreats
- Convenient metro-accessible location (Farragut West and Farragut North)
How to Apply
If you feel qualified and this position is interesting and exciting to you, please apply. We would love to hear from you.
NCARB is an EEO employer committed to recruiting a diverse workforce.