Before you schedule an Architect Registration Examination® (ARE®) appointment with PSI, be sure to review the “Identification Requirements” section of the ARE 5.0 Guidelines for testing with PSI. If you previously tested with Prometric, you will find that PSI’s ID requirements are very similar to Prometric’s. Here’s a quick overview:
- Your ID must contain your full name, photo, and signature. Acceptable forms of ID include your passport, driver’s license or other state-issued ID, national ID, green card, or residency card.
- Your first and last name in your NCARB Record must exactly match the first and last name on your ID. If they don’t match, do not schedule your appointment. Contact NCARB and we will help you through the name change process.
- Changing your name requires official documentation, such as a marriage license, and must be completed at least seven (7) business days before your appointment. If you need to change the name in your NCARB Record, don’t wait until the last minute to do so.
- Check the expiration date on your ID to make sure it won’t expire by the date of your appointment.
- If you check in to your appointment without a form of ID that meets NCARB’s requirements, you won’t be admitted to the exam. NCARB and PSI won’t offer you a refund or a replacement exam seat (seat credit).
- If you’re taking an online proctored test, be sure your webcam can autofocus on your ID. This is an essential part of the check-in process.