I am interested in...


Who should I contact to start the registration process with a foreign country?

If you would like to pursue licensure through one of our mutual recognition arrangements, review the signatory jurisdictions to ensure your jurisdiction is a participant. Once you have met the requirements for eligibility: 

  • If you would like to earn a reciprocal license in Canada, simply login to your NCARB Record and select “Request Transmittal of your NCARB Record” to get started.
  • If you would like to earn a reciprocal license in Australia, Mexico, or New Zealand, please contact our Customer Relations team.
How do I apply for licensure in another jurisdiction?

Certified architects can easily apply for licensure in another jurisdiction through their NCARB Record. Simply select the "Request Transmittal of NCARB Record" button and follow the instructions on your screen. Learn more about applying for a reciprocal license.

Do I need an NCARB Certificate to apply for licensure in another jurisdiction?

While it’s possible to gain a reciprocal license without being certified, all 55 jurisdictions accept the Certificate and 24 require it. To find out if your jurisdiction requires the Certificate for reciprocal licensure, explore the licensing requirements tool.

What countries does NCARB have mutual recognition arrangements with?

NCARB currently has agreements to facilitate reciprocal licensure with Australia, Canada, Mexico, and New Zealand. Learn more about our mutual recognition arrangements.