To review and approve your candidate’s experience reports, you’ll need a free NCARB account. You can create one by following these simple steps:
- When your candidate enters your information as an AXP™ supervisor, you’ll receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “NCARB AXP Supervisor Request.” If you don’t see the email, check with your candidate to ensure they entered your information properly.
- Follow the link in the email to create your free My NCARB account.
- In your My NCARB account, click “Add” next to AXP Supervisor and Mentor.
- Follow the prompts to enter the appropriate information for your account.
Once your account is set up, you’ll be able to view any reports your licensure candidate submits to you. You will receive an email alert from NCARB any time your candidate submits a report.
- To view a report, you can follow the link in the email alert, or log in to your NCARB account. Click “Go” next to AXP Supervisor and Mentor, and you will see any pending experience reports.
- To review past reports, select the “Reports” tab.
- To see your candidate’s information, click the “Licensure Candidates” tab.
- Meet with your candidate while you review the report to discuss any necessary revisions, deliver feedback, and go over your candidate’s progress.
Approving, Returning, or Rejecting
After you discuss a report with your candidate, you can select one of three options:
- Approve. Select this option if all the information in the report is accurate, and you are satisfied with your candidate’s performance.
- Return for edits. If you do not agree with all the information your candidate has documented or feel adequate progress is not represented by their work, you can and should return their report for edits. Be sure to go over your expectations with your candidate and discuss any necessary changes. Once your candidate has made the changes you discussed, they can return the report to you for approval.
- Reject. Only select this option if your candidate did not perform work that qualifies for AXP experience during the time reported. This is permanent, and the candidate will not be able to edit and resubmit the report.