Welcome to the Architect Registration Examination (ARE) 4.0 Community! This is a space where candidates can come together to ask questions, share best practices, and interact with our experts.
Commenting and Moderation Policy
In a continued effort to engage the architecture community, NCARB encourages users to ask questions and share their own tips. We are dedicated to this community and strive to maintain a respectful, engaging, and informative conversation. If you wish to participate in the community, we ask that you follow the guidelines below:
- Be polite and courteous, even if you disagree. Name calling, profanity, fighting words, discriminatory epithets, sexual harassment, bullying, gruesome language or the like, will not be tolerated.
- Stay on topic. Keep the conversation relevant to the community and contribute to the dialogue. While we do not have the obligation to monitor each post, we reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to remove off-topic, out of context, spam, or promotional postings, or any other content that we deem objectionable or to be a violation of any law.
- All comments must come from a real person. Postings from fake profiles will be deleted.
Moderator Response Times
Our moderators will engage with the community throughout the business week, Monday through Friday. We will try to respond to questions within 48 hours.
All NCARB exam content is held in strict security and confidence and are protected by U.S. copyright laws. Per NCARB’s Confidentiality Agreement, ARE candidates are personally responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all information relating to the exam.
What does this mean for you?
- Community users can ask questions about general exam content and policies. Think of the ARE Community as a virtual outreach event.
- Feel free to upload images of practice vignettes or other sketches. While our moderators won’t be able to “grade” your vignettes, other community members can provide feedback on your solution.
- We encourage you to link to your favorite blogs or articles, with the understanding that NCARB does not endorse third-party study materials.
Here are some sample questions:
- For the Schematic Design Building Layout vignette, is it an automatic fail if I create a dead-end corridor?
- How long do I have to wait to retake a failed division?
- What’s the best strategy for tackling the multiple-choice section?
Promotion and Social Media Distribution
NCARB will promote the ARE Community via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and other relevant social platforms. We encourage users to do the same! By contributing to the community, you grant us the right to use your name in promotions and other publications.