NCARB has worked with PSI to create a “test run” resource for candidates preparing to take an online proctored Architect Registration Examination® (ARE®) appointment. Through the test run service in your NCARB Record, you can schedule a free, 30-minute trial appointment with PSI to confirm your computer and testing space meet the requirements for online proctoring.
Before you schedule a test run, be aware of the following:
- The test run is designed to help you identify potential problems with your online testing setup. You should schedule your test run far enough in advance of your actual ARE appointment that you are able to implement a solution or reschedule if necessary.
- You should be prepared to use the exact same setup for your test run appointment that you are planning to use for your actual ARE appointment. It’s also recommended that you take your test run at the same time of day as you plan to take the ARE.
- The test run will operate on PSI's application, just like the actual exam.
- During your test run appointment, you’ll go through the ARE check-in process with a real PSI proctor.
- You’ll also see a short, unscored “quiz” as part of the test run, but you are not required to complete it.
- If you run into technical trouble during your test run, you can follow the troubleshooting steps outlined in the ARE 5.0 Guidelines or contact PSI’s Remote Proctoring Technical Support hotline at 1-855-560-3716.
If you find that your computer setup or testing space do not meet the requirements, refer to the ARE 5.0 Guidelines for more information. If necessary, reschedule your appointment for a later date to give yourself time to resolve any issues.
You can schedule your test run by navigating to the “Exams” tab in your NCARB Record.