Under the design competition opportunity in experience setting O, you can earn up to 320 hours of experience by completing and submitting a design competition entry. The competition must be completed outside of your employment and/or academic coursework.
If you participate in a design competition as part of work for a firm, your work should be reported under either setting A or O: Other Work Under Licensed Professionals.
To report experience under this opportunity, the design competition must meet the following criteria:
- Be completed under the supervision of a mentor
- Align to at least one AXP™ task
- Be for a building or planning project
- Be a structured competition with specific requirements
- Be sponsored by a recognized business entity, government agency, or professional association
- Include appropriate credit on the competition entry for your work
When you report this experience, you must also complete a Design Competition Verification Form, which can be submitted through the online reporting system. For more information on this opportunity, read the AXP Guidelines.