Under the community-based design center/collaborative opportunity in experience setting O, you can earn up to 320 hours of experience for volunteer service in support of a charitable organization.
To qualify for AXP™ credit, the organization must be pre-approved by NCARB before you engage in the opportunity. See the roster of approved organizations.
To report experience under this opportunity:
- Verify that the organization has been pre-approved by NCARB, and
- Submit experience to the organization’s designated supervisor through the online reporting system.
Interested organizations should review the following criteria before applying for approval by emailing NCARB at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- The organization must have 501(c)(3) status as a charitable organization.
- The work must be in support of building or planning projects.
- The organization must have an established ongoing relationship with an architect who can exercise direct supervision and serve as the designated AXP supervisor for the organization.
- The work performed by the organization must be related to AXP experience areas and certified by the designated AXP supervisor as directly related to the practice of architecture.