Under the community-based design center/collaborative opportunity in experience setting O, you can earn up to 320 hours of experience for volunteer service in support of a charitable organization.
To qualify for AXP credit, the organization must be pre-approved by NCARB before you engage in the opportunity. See the roster of approved organizations.
To report experience under this opportunity:
- Verify that the organization has been pre-approved by NCARB.
- Submit experience to the organization’s designated supervisor through your NCARB Record.
Organizations interested in being pre-approved by NCARB should review the following criteria and apply by emailing NCARB at email@example.com:
- The organization must have 501(c)(3) status as a charitable organization.
- The work must be in support of building design or planning projects.
- The organization must have an established ongoing relationship with an architect who can exercise direct supervision and serve as the designated AXP supervisor for the organization.
- The work performed by the organization must be related to AXP experience areas and certified by the designated AXP supervisor as directly related to the practice of architecture.
If you are paid for your work, you can submit your experience under the proper work setting based upon the rules of that setting. The Community Based Design Center opportunity is only for unpaid volunteer experience earned at NCARB-recognized community based design centers.