In case you missed it: NCARB and our counterpart in the United Kingdom, the Architects Registration Board (ARB), recently signed a mutual recognition agreement (MRA), which went into effect on April 25, 2023! Watch a recording of our live webinar to learn how you can take advantage of the MRA and earn your license to practice in the United Kingdom.

The MRA provides a streamlined path to reciprocal licensure for architects in the United States and the United Kingdom. U.S. applicants must hold an NCARB Certificate granted through the standard path to certification, which includes:

  • Holding a degree from a National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB) accredited architecture program
  • Completing NCARB’s experience program
  • Passing NCARB’s national licensing examination
  • Holding an active registration in a U.S. jurisdiction

To be eligible for licensure through the MRA, you’ll also need to hold a valid license/registration in good standing from your home licensing authority (the United States or United Kingdom) and have lawful authorization to work in the locality in which you’re seeking registration.

During the webinar, NCARB and ARB experts discussed the new agreement and reviewed the steps architects should take to pursue licensure through the MRA.