We want you to focus on gaining the experience you need to become competent to practice architecture, not just logging hours. While documenting the required hours in each experience area is necessary to complete the program, keep in mind that you should be able to competently perform all of the tasks identified in the AXP Guidelines for that area.
Between your NCARB Record and the My AXP app, you can create, submit, and view reports wherever you are. Be sure to submit all hourly reports within eight months of earning it to receive full AXP credit—this is known as the reporting requirement.
To submit a report, follow these simple steps:
- Log in to My NCARB
- Go to your NCARB Record and click “Experience”
- Select “+ New Experience Report”
- Select your experience setting (A or O)
- Enter your employment or select your other experience type, then select the report format you will be using
- Enter your hours; your report will save automatically
- Review your report and submit it to your supervisor
Once you’ve submitted your report, your supervisor will be automatically notified via email. You should schedule a time to meet with your supervisor to discuss your report and determine if you need to make any edits. Once your supervisor approves your report, your Record will immediately reflect your updated hours. Learn more about working with your supervisor to document your experience.
Your AXP supervisor will need a free My NCARB account to review and approve your experience reports, but is not required to have an NCARB Record.
Reporting Experience as an Architect
If you are an architect documenting experience toward the AXP, follow these steps.
If you change supervisors or employers while completing the AXP, remember to:
- Confirm who will be your new AXP supervisor
- Ensure that your current supervisor has approved any pending experience reports before leaving the position
- Submit new experience as a separate report for approval by your new supervisor