NCARB is committed to minimizing our organization’s environmental impact. To comply with the DC Green Building Act, our current office space was required to achieve LEED Silver rating from the U.S. Green Building Council. In keeping with our organizational drive to go further, we are aiming to earn LEED Gold Status.
Specific LEED-friendly features at our new office include:
- Access to quality transit
- Reduced parking footprint
- Surrounding density and diverse uses
- Indoor water use reduction
- Energy efficient HVAC systems with no CFCs
- Green power and carbon offsets
- LED lighting
- Smart plug controls
- Daylight and occupancy sensors
- Storage and collection of recyclables
- Low emitting materials (i.e., paints, coatings, wood flooring, furniture)
- Verified products that have environmental declarations, chemical ingredients, and life cycle analysis
LEED is the most widely used sustainable building rating system in the world. Available for virtually all building, community, and home project types, LEED provides a framework to create healthy, highly efficient, and cost-saving buildings.