Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion in Architecture Licensing
In 2020, NCARB and the National Organization of Minority Architects (NOMA) launched a joint study to identify how minority professionals experience obstacles on the path to licensure. Findings from the study highlight areas where our organizations can provide additional support, conduct deeper research, and propose measurable solutions to address disparities.
Findings from the study are being released in several parts. The following reports are currently available:
- Overview Report: Highlights initial findings from the study, including key findings related to licensure programs and firm culture.
- Baseline on Belonging: Experience Report: Explores support, impediments, and barriers candidates encounter while completing the Architectural Experience Program® (AXP®).
- Baseline on Belonging: Examination Report: Highlights various areas and degrees of disparity related to completing the Architect Registration Examination® (ARE®).
- Baseline on Belonging: Education Report: Highlights impediments related to earning a degree in architecture.
- Baseline on Belonging: Firm Culture & Career Development Report: Explores how firm culture impacts the career development of underrepresented individuals in the architecture profession.
In the coming months, NCARB and NOMA will release a compiled report and a suggested action plan of solutions to address impediments identified throughout the study.
Sign up for our Baseline on Belonging newsletter to receive the latest data reports, plus opportunities to participate in follow-up surveys and focus groups. Help spread the word and share the findings that resonate with you using #IBelongArch.
If you have a media request, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.