The National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB) is a nonprofit organization made up of the architectural licensing boards of 55 U.S. states and territories. While each jurisdiction is responsible for regulating the practice of architecture within its borders, NCARB develops and administers national programs for candidates pursuing architectural licensure and helps architects expand their professional reach through the NCARB Certificate.
NCARB, in collaboration with licensing boards, facilitates the licensure and credentialing of architects to protect the health, safety, and welfare of the public.
As a global leader in architectural regulation, we accomplish our mission by recommending and encouraging national requirements for architectural licensure in line with our three strategic goals.
- Facilitate Licensure: NCARB's programs and services enable the pursuit, achievement, and ongoing maintenance and mobility of architectural licensure
- Foster Collaboration: NCARB’s proactive engagement with licensing boards and industry organizations advances the understanding and effectiveness of architectural regulation
- Maximize Value: NCARB's programs and services further the progress of our licensing boards and customers
We are dedicated to helping professionals reach their career goals, providing key data about the path to licensure, and protecting the public’s health, safety, and welfare. Learn more about what we do.
Our Core Values
At NCARB, we believe in being:
- Open: Our success depends upon working together. We earn the respect of others by actively partnering, engaging, and collaborating with them. By being transparent and sharing our expertise, approaches, and knowledge, we help create dynamic partnerships that achieve more.
- Responsive: By being receptive and quick to react, we demonstrate our natural human desire to be helpful. Our dedication and determination to be straightforward and deliver outstanding service experiences give our customers confidence and drive satisfaction levels upward.
- Restless: We are sensitive to the diverse and changing needs of our stakeholders. By being proactively curious about new possibilities and the world around us, we advance our knowledge, simplify our processes, and refine our thinking for the benefit of all.