Made up of practicing architects, executives from the U.S. licensing boards, collateral representatives, and licensure candidates, these groups examine our policies, steer our initiatives, and make recommendations for improvement.
Interested in volunteering for an NCARB committee? Contact your state’s licensing board to learn how you can get involved.
The Examination Committee oversees the development, delivery, and assessment of the Architect Registration Examination® (ARE®) for use by the 55 U.S. licensing boards. This committee also includes the following subcommittees:
- ARE 5.0 Case Study Task Force—develops case study scenarios and resources for ARE 5.0.
- ARE 5.0 Item Development Subcommittee—writes and edits new items for ARE 5.0.
- ARE 5.0 Forms Assembly Task Force—performs quality control for ARE 5.0 and reviews new items.
The Experience Committee oversees the development delivery, and assessment of the Architectural Experience Program™ (AXP™) for use by the 55 U.S. licensing boards.
Experience Advisory Committee
The Experience Advisory Committee is a collaboration with our collateral organizations. The group evaluates NCARB’s experience-related policies and advises on the development and implementation of the AXP.
The Education Committee oversees the development, delivery, and assessment of NCARB’s education policies for use by the 55 U.S. licensing boards and maintains NCARB’s relationship with the National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB). This committee also includes the following subcommittees:
- Certification Alternative Review Team (CART)—reviews applications and portfolios for architects seeking to earn an NCARB Certificate through the education alternative.
- Continuing Education Subcommittee—develops and evaluates options for NCARB’s continuing education initiatives.
Procedures and Documents Committee
The Procedures and Documents Committee reviews proposed resolutions, procedures, and documents for their impact on and consistency with NCARB’s policies and programs.
Member Board Executive Committee
The Member Board Executive Committee provides suggestions to NCARB regarding how we can better serve individual state licensing boards.
Professional Conduct Committee
The Professional Conduct Committee oversees NCARB’s policies and practices regarding the standards of professional conduct of our Record holders and customers, and reviews cases that violate those policies.
Regional Leadership Committee
The Regional Leadership Committee is made up of delegates from each of NCARB’s six regions. Together, the committee focuses on issues specific to these regions.