Each year, NCARB selects a group of 12 recently licensed architects from around the country to be a part of the Re-Think Tank. Members of this group will have the opportunity to explore challenges and opportunities throughout the licensure process, discuss how architecture firms and NCARB support candidates on the path to licensure, provide feedback on the transition from ARE 4.0 to 5.0, and explore the concept of competency as it relates to architectural practice and licensure.
What are the qualifications?
To be considered for the Re-Think Tank, you must:
- Be licensed to practice architecture within one of the 54 U.S. jurisdictions
- Have obtained an initial license within the last three years
- Not have held a committee or leadership role in any of the five collateral organizations (NCARB, AIA, AIAS, ACSA, or NAAB) within the last five years (including both the local and national levels)
- Be available to attend two in-person meetings on November 30-December 1 in Atlanta, GA, and March 15-16 in Washington, DC (all expenses related to travel and participation will be covered)
- Be able to participate in five to six virtual webinars and up to 30 hours of work outside of the meeting
What is it like to be a member of the Re-Think Tank? Check out the work of last year’s group.
Interested in applying?
Applications for the Re-Think Tank will be open from August 16 – September 6, 2018, at 11:59 p.m. PST.